Thursday, November 5, 2009

How can I keep Avast Antivirus from pausing during full scans of my hard drive whenever it finds som

As I do with other free antivirus and antispyware programs I run the free version of Avast overnight when I am sleeping. This allows me to do a thorough deep scan of all files on my hard drive. It takes hours. But unlike other antivirus programs Avast pauses its scan when it finds something, and demands that one take an action before it continues the scan. So when I wake up I get rid of that single piece of malware. I can't just pause the scan and continue the next night because Avast does not remember the pause once the computer has been shut down during the day. It starts the scan from the beginning. Is there a way to get Avast to finish a scan, and only list the malware after it has finished? This is how other antivirus programs work.



How can I keep Avast Antivirus from pausing during full scans of my hard drive whenever it finds some malware?panda



I use and recommend Avast, but this is more difficult than it needs to be...



You have to be running Avast in the "Simple User Interface."



So if you are currently running it with that silly media player face, you have to change it to Simple User Interface. I'm not positive, but it may require a restart to get the new interface in effect after you choose the new interface.



THEN you have to configure it as for a boot-time scan: Tools %26gt; Schedule Boot Time Scan... Then on the drop-down menu tick 'Advanced options.' Then set that to whichever option you choose.



I *believe* that these settings will then stay in effect. (I personally prefer Avast to ask me what I want to do, so I can't say truly for sure that they will stay... but it will definitely stay that way for the boot-time scan if you choose to run it.)



Hope that helped a little.



How can I keep Avast Antivirus from pausing during full scans of my hard drive whenever it finds some malware?suzuki



use another one then

No comments:

Post a Comment